Microsoft have this morning released a new Statement of Direction for NAV this morning. Finally this means we can share much more of the plans for NAV going forward now the information has entered the public domain.
Why is this important – well thay have outlined not just what they plan for the next version but also their aspirations for the the next two versions after that, right through in fact to 2017.
Also reinforced is that Microsoft see Dynamics NAV as the product for mid-sized companies in the business of Manufacturing, Distribution or Professional Services.
Highlights for NAV 7 which is stated as due in 2011/2012 are
- Integration with Microsoft CRM
- New functionality such as Electronic Bank Reconciliations
- No forms will ship so ‘new’ Role Tailored Client only
- Online web services for payments and credit checks etc.
- Support for SQL Reporting Services and PowerPivot 2010
We have been asked by Microsoft to restrict its distribution so cannot make it available as a download. If you are a Dynamics NAV customer or someone we have spoken to about NAV and you would like a copy of the full document, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward it by return.