End : 23rd June 09
A discount on the minimum LMT fee during the promotion period :
– 1-10 users : Get an 80% discount on the LMT fee (see table below)
– 11+ users : Get a 50% discount on the LMT fee (see table below)
LMT Transition Fee
(Up To 20 Users)
Per User Price
1) This offer is valid for users only.
2) This offer is valid for LMT’s only (i.e. Any move from the Module Based Licensing (MBL) model to the Business Ready Licensing (BRL) model, remaining within the same product line). This offer is not valid for any other transitions such as product line or edition transitions. E.g. BE to AM.
3) As a general rule promotions are not to be combined with VPO’s, MA’s, GVA’s, Special Bids, or any other promotion.
Q : What happens during an LMT ?
A : The EMEA Operations Centre (EOC) will configure the new license and lock the old one.
The system will automatically “map” functionality between the old MBL license and new BRL license to ensure “like for like” functionality is achieved.
The calculation of the Enhancement Plan fee will be done by EOC and any credits for unused enhancement will be applied against the enhancement section of the new license.
Q : Will the system list price change during the transition ?
A : No, the system list price will not change.
Q : What will happen to enhancement during the transition ?
A : The period of time a customer has left on their existing MBL enhancement plan will be “valued” when the old license is locked and will be used to offset the cost of enhancement on the new BRL license.
If the customer is not valid under enhancement then they are not eligible for a transition and should re-enroll before a transition can be considered.
Q : What if a customer has a “legacy” enhancement rate of 12% or 13%, will they keep this rate after the transition ?
A : No, a transition from MBL to BRL creates a new BRL license, therefore the current enhancement rates apply. i.e. 16% for 1 year, 14% for 3 years.
Q : If there are more than 10 users transitioning, will the customer get an 80% discount on the first 10 users being transitioned and 50% discount on all users above 10 ?
A : No, if a customer is transitioning more than 10 users they will received the 50% LMT discount on all users, including the first 10. i.e. 50% discount for every user.
Q : What happens if a customer has more than 20 users ? What fee will they pay ?
A : The minimum LMT fee (£4,930) covers up to 20 users. If a customer wishes to transition more than 20 users then this minimum LMT fee no longer applies. Instead they pay a per user price for all users. In the case of the UK this is £245 (See example 2 below).
1. Suppose an MBL customer with active enhancement wishes to migrate their 20 users to BRL. The LMT discount is calculated as follows ;
20 users = £4,930 (Minimum LMT fee)
£4,930 ÷ 50% = £2,465 LMT Fee (This is the LMT figure which will be paid by the customer).
2. Suppose an MBL customer with active enhancement wishes to migrate all of their 30 MBL users to BRL. The LMT discount is calculated as follows ;
30 users x £245 (per user LMT fee) = £7,350
£7,350 ÷ 50% = £3,675 LMT Fee (This is the LMT figure which will be paid by the customer).
For any information concerning this offer please contact;
Lynn Wellings –Dynamics Account Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or
Sarah Heller – Sales and Marketing Director , email@example.com or telephone our Sales and Marketing Team. 01902 578300