We have received the following notification and advice from Microsoft regarding the new versions of Office and SharePoint for 2010.
As I wrote on this blog some time ago we would echo the advice to stick to the 32 bit versions of Office – lots of add-on’s don’t work correctly with the 64 bit version yet.
Other than that there are some significant improvements – SharePoint 2010 is now truly the product we all wanted it to be so dive in.
Since Microsoft Dynamics NAV always has had a strong integration to the Office and SharePoint products, we are proud to announce that Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 Update 2 are compatible with Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010!
The details in the support for the different Office and SharePoint integrations are listed below. Please note that Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 are available in both a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version, but some NAV areas are currently not supported in the 64-bit version. The recommended version of Office 2010 in combination with NAV is the 32-bit version. Further reading on the difference between the two versions can be found here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/office2010/archive/2010/02/23/understanding-64-bit-office.aspx.
1. Employee Portal is supported for SharePoint 2010 both in the 32 bit and the 64 bit version. However please look at KB970502 for instructions on how to install in a 64-bit environment.
2. Sending data from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to both Word and Excel using the basic export is fully compatible with Microsoft Office Word 2010 and Microsoft Office Excel 2010. The same applies exporting to Excel from reports and to Export of budgets, Analysis Schedules etc.
3. Interactions such as letters can be initiated from Microsoft Dynamics NAV and stored as appropriate in Microsoft Office Word 2010 in both 32-bit and 64-bit version.
4. Sending emails from Microsoft Dynamics NAV is compatible with Outlook 2010 32-bit version, but is currently not supported for the 64 bit version.
5. Outlook Synchronization is compatible with Outlook 2010 32-bit version. The installation and the add-in is not currently supported for the 64- bit version.
6. Email logging is dependent on CDO, which is not supported in Office 2010. Please read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028411. A possible workaround has been identified by manual installing CDO in combination with KB229107, but it is recommended to stay on Office 2007 if email logging is required.