Anyone running events regularly for customers and prospects will know how much time and effort is needed to not only get bums on seats, but to administrate. That’s why I was delighted to discover recently a free web-based event management tool called Eventbrite. Well, it’s free if your events are free…but Eventbrite takes a cut of any paid tickets sales you make.
Having run events at Technology Management for almost six years now I was blown away by the functionality this tool has. There are lots of highlights for me including:
- Faster to create and publish events
- Automatic email booking acknowledgment and reminders
- Check people in using apps for Android, iPhone and iPad
- Optionally send PDF ticket with all details and unique barcode (which you can scan with the Android phone app)
- Print badges directly onto Avery labels
- Share event details on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Create a live event calendar on your blog and website
- Create Google Map for location of each event on event page
- Includes an ‘Add to my Outlook calendar’ link
- Integrates with MailChimp email tool for easy email promotion
- It remembers people’s details – simple email and password registration
- It’s possible to link it to our Microsoft CRM system
I’m going to be trialling the tool over the coming few weeks so I’ll update you on how it works out ‘in the field’. If you’re down to attend any events then I’ll be interested to see how the service works from your end too.